Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we need licenses to schedule QVD Refresh ?

Hi Experts ,

I have a query on the qlikview licensing part here.

I have developed one QVW file which is built by fetching data from multiple QVD files.

My client is opting for  1 Doc Cal license which is for the QVW , here my question is how do we schedule the QVD s to refresh ?

Should we buy licenses to publish the QVDs also ?

How is this to be handled ?

can any one please answer this .

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Reloading by way of a QlikView Server (actually the QlikView Distribution Service does the scheduling and reloading) does not require a user CAL. The QlikView server is already licensed, or it will not be usable. And since you are talking about a Doc CAL (which cannot be bought separately), your customer will already have a QlikView Server license.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

QlikView Server can perform reloads and distributions as part of the same task, and these can be scheduled from the QMC with no additional cost. In this case, it's the same QVW that is reloaded and saved, that is, the resulting file cannot be stored into a different folder.

There is a better functionality, QlikView Publisher which adds to the configuration and scheduling of the tasks to reload data for QVW files and distribute them. This is an additional license which is bought by number of engines to reload, regardless of the usage.