Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Document Analyzer V2 -- a major update

I've posted a major update "V2" to the Document Analyzer tool. It is available for download in the Tools section of QlikviewCookbook.com here Document Analyzer.

The primary function of Document Analyzer remains to identify unused fields that can be removed from your model. It has been expanded to assist in identifying slow charts.

There are a number of improvements over the 1.15 version, including bug fixes, a new UI, object calc times and improved analysis of variable and expression usage.

An important change is that only qvws that have been saved in QV10SR2 or later may be analyzed with this version. If you need to analyze an older document, save it first in QV10.

if a prj directory exists, it will be leveraged for the analysis. This can speed up the analysis run for documents with a lot of objects.

Use this thread if you have comments or questions. Enjoy.

-Rob

81 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

I need Unicode names in the memory statistics, so in V1.15 I have changed the load codepage to utf8.

Could you help me with Unicode support in V2 ?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

whiteline

Do you get a unicode mem file when you have unicode chars in your field names?

-Rob

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Yes. Have attached two samples.

Depending on the presence of unicode characters mem file is stored as ANSI or UTF-8.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks for the samples. As you did, I've changed the script to utf8 and it seems to work equally well for unicode and codepage 1252. This change will be included in the next version. Go ahead and change your copy in the meantime.

Thanks,

Rob

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Thanks Rob.

Ah. =)))

Now I see. I didn't see the tabs with scripts, except the last one, until I pressed << button.

So I decided that the app was completely rebuild.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I've posted an update V2.1 to Document Analyzer. This fixes an errors that will happen when a property such as Object Caption contains unprintable characters.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Rob,

Am I correct in noting that the document analyzer doesn't detect hidden sheets?

I realize that I could do CTRL+SHIFT+S and save the document with no sheets hidden and then analyze it, but I was thinking about batch processing a bunch of documents to get info about objects and their show expressions.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

It's true that DocAnalyzer does not detect hidden sheets. Unhiding the sheets prior to analysis is currently the only workaround.

-Rob

Not applicable

Rob,

Thanks a lot for your Document, it is very good.

Mik.