Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Document Analyzer V2 -- a major update

I've posted a major update "V2" to the Document Analyzer tool. It is available for download in the Tools section of QlikviewCookbook.com here Document Analyzer.

The primary function of Document Analyzer remains to identify unused fields that can be removed from your model. It has been expanded to assist in identifying slow charts.

There are a number of improvements over the 1.15 version, including bug fixes, a new UI, object calc times and improved analysis of variable and expression usage.

An important change is that only qvws that have been saved in QV10SR2 or later may be analyzed with this version. If you need to analyze an older document, save it first in QV10.

if a prj directory exists, it will be leveraged for the analysis. This can speed up the analysis run for documents with a lot of objects.

Use this thread if you have comments or questions. Enjoy.

-Rob

81 Replies
Not applicable

Got it! Thanks.

Jim.

Not applicable

Rob,  This is unique and an amazing contribution... Great help... We thank you for this.

Issue: It was working fine for me till couple of days ago.. I was using V4 and now from last month I have been using V5. It seems only my laptop has this issue.. Not sure why it works on V4 but not in V5 as shown in this image.

Variable LogFilePath gets proper value in V4 but not in V5.

DA Issue.png

Not applicable

Never mind..

Macro Local security was the issue. I enabled it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob, thanks for this great tool. Trying it for the first time. I am getting below error. Could you please suggest what could be the issue here.

Out of object memory

LOAD

ReferenceKey,

trim(subfield(x, ' ')) as TempFieldName

RESIDENT ExpressionFields_temp

WHERE len(x) > 0

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

That's an issue I (hopefully) fixed some time ago. Are you using the current version, V2.6? If so, I'll want to get a copy of your metadata directory to diagnose the problem.

Are you 64bit or 32bit windows?

-Rob

alan_richmond
Creator
Creator

Thanks, all good now, it was an issue with a container

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Rob, i am using latest version. Where can i upload/send metadata directory?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

The "out of object memory" script error introduced in 2.6 has been fixed in the 2.7 update.

http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/document-analyzer/

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Not applicable

Hi Rob, first of all, thanks for this huge app.

I'm using last version,2.7 and there are syntethic keys on the data model.

Is it ok?

Thanks

Albert

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Yes, the synkey is ok.

-Rob