Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Cals Issue

Hi Community,

I need help for assigning document cals. Here we have 100 doc cals and using QV version 10..

5 days back that is on friday we deleted the duplicate licenses or rather we should say Users.. The server was restarted yesterday and found out that the repeatative users were still there. and whenever i try to change the allocated number of doc cals assigned to particular document, it throws an error..

Can you please guide to step wise process on how to add and delete the users and the process etc..

Thanks for help in advance..

Many Thanks

Gaurav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your help. I have sorted the issue by removing both the licenses that is 1 which is to be kept assingned and the other which was it's duplicate.. Before this I assigned 50 cals to that particular document while removing the rest assigned to the other reports. previously there were 40 doc cals assigned.

So, I removed the doc cals from other documents and incresed the limit to 50 and then deleted the users manually and then re-assigned.

Now it is working fine.. again thanks for your inputs Chris

Best Regards

Gaurav

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Rice
Former Employee
Former Employee

Re-assigning Doc CALs is a fairly simple process.  Once a Doc CAL is deleted, it is put in quarentine for 24 hours before it can be reallocated.  If you have Doc CALs that were deleted for over 24 hours that reappear after a server restart, I would look to make sure your PGOs are updated.  You could, for some reason, have old PGOs after the restart (because of some backup system you have in place).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

Many Thanks for your help. Can you please guide me as to where I can find the .PGO files?

Actually there are many duplicate users and i' am not able to delete them.

Request you to please help me in sorting out this issue as it will be escalated from the client.

Again if you can suggests me step wise procedure the accomplish the above then it will be of great help.

Many thanks

Not applicable
Author

hi Chris,

I found a number of .pgo files here in the folder.. which of them to delete.. I expected the pgo files to be in the form of applicationName.pgo but that's not the case here.. they  are with name CalData.pgo, IniData.pgo, ServerCounters and TicketData.pgo.. and I don't know which one to delete.. Can you please help me out

Many Thanks

Chris_Rice
Former Employee
Former Employee

I wouldn't delete any of them, but the CalData.pgo is the file you are looking for.  Is the last update on that before or after the server restart?  The CalData.pgo should have been updated once you deleted the Doc Cals you mentioned earler.  If the last updated time does not reflect that, then you know the restart caused this to be replaced by a backed up version.  If that is the case, you'll want to configure your backup software to not interact with the PGO files.  If that's not the case, you should probably open a case with Support so they can take a look.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your help. I have sorted the issue by removing both the licenses that is 1 which is to be kept assingned and the other which was it's duplicate.. Before this I assigned 50 cals to that particular document while removing the rest assigned to the other reports. previously there were 40 doc cals assigned.

So, I removed the doc cals from other documents and incresed the limit to 50 and then deleted the users manually and then re-assigned.

Now it is working fine.. again thanks for your inputs Chris

Best Regards

Gaurav