Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehmet_caldak
Partner - Contributor III

Document Cals assigning to Active Directory users

Hi All,

I'm trying to assign 10 Doc.Cals to users which some of them are Active Directory user and the others are local user. Local users can access without any problem but when AD users try to access to the document, they get the message "access denied, the server has no user cal for your account..". When same users assigned as named users there is no problem.

Operating system Windows 2012 Server 

Qlikview version 11.20.11922.0

any idea ?

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Let me make sure if I understood your issue: How are you assigning the Doc CAL licenses, by a Distribution task or manually in the QMC, Documents, User Documents tab? Do you have two DSCs pointing to both the local computer and the AD? Are you using NTFS or DMS? Are you able to manually assign a Doc CAL to a domain user and see whether or not the license has been used in the QMC?

Irrespective the QlikView Server settings, are domain users able to see the QVW files using a UNC path like \\SERVER\QVFiles ?

Miguel

mehmet_caldak
Author

hi Miguel,

i'm assigning Dco cals in QMC\Documents\ Document Cals

basicly  one DSC installed by QvServer setup , i'm using the same configuration on another server without any prblem.

Authorization :NTFS

i can assign users and see on QMC\Documents\ Document Cals tab

AD users can access the shared files on the sever

best regards.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

So you are able to assign manually a Doc CAL to a local user and he sees all documents all right, and you are able to assign a Doc CAL to a domain user but he does not see anything?

Miguel

mehmet_caldak
Author

Yes , i can assign a domain user to the document and he can access to access point and sees all documents everything is ok until here, but when domain user tries to access the document  gets the access denied message and fails to access.