Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Chaining-Open another qlik document on selection of a value from straight chart

Hello Team,

I have a requirement of document chaining.

I have a straight table in Qlik_Doc-A wherein i have one dimensions(Incident No.) and few expressions.

When i select Incident from the table from Qlik_Doc-A  it should open another Qlik document -Qlik_Doc-B.

I can select one or many incidents and these selections will be transferred to Qlik_Doc-B.

Now my problem is how to trigger this field selection from straight table and give it an action of Open Qlik document.

Any suggestions whether we can achieve this without macro?

Thanks

Khushboo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Works for me. But afaik you can't transfer state to a document that's already opened. So you first have to close the other document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add an Open Qlikview Document action to the field trigger of the field in which you make a selection. And enable the Transfer State option of the action

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

by using the  trigger we can change when we get selection

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

This will  Help in the  navigating from one qlikview application to other. While doing that we can optionally pass the selection from the first application to the other. You can do it by setting an action either in text object or button to open a qlikview application.

Document Chaining-204824.PNG

You have to mention the Document path,

Transfer State - Will pass the selection in the current application to the other (Column name must be same in both the application)

Apply State on top of current - Will apply the selection on top of the current selection in the other

You need to keep in mind that it won't work in IE client. It will work only in browsers (AJAX Client)

One of the scenario where you can use is creating a front page or a dashboard page for all the users and route the user to specific application with specific selection. This way you can maintain only single URL for all the users. And the application open time will reduce when opening with some selection.

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert .

Can u just let me know whether this option is available for personal edition of Qlikview 12(without license)?

Thanks

Khushboo

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, it's available in Qlikview 12 Personal Edition.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i am not able to see this option in Personal Edition.

Trigger.png

Thanks

Khushboo

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Weird. It's mentioned in the online help for the button actions: Button ‒ QlikView

Can you check if you can add it to a button?

Not applicable
Author

I have tries to use this functionality on a sample file using a button.

Attached are the files.

All i want is to open Variance var chart-b.qvw from Variance var chart.qvw and transfer region selections and vice-versa.

attached are the sample files.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Works for me. But afaik you can't transfer state to a document that's already opened. So you first have to close the other document.