Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Document Failed to Load

Hi All,

I have been working on an App last week and everything was going fine.

When I tried opening the Application (Qlikview Desktop) this morning I got a message saying the Document failed to Load.

I have tried opening the document with no data from the start page and using cmd with nodata.

I have seen this happen before, but I am desperate to recover the file, I normally set up a -prj folder and keep an up to date list of variables, but I had not done so for this yet and no I am at a loss.

I have opened a ticket with Qlik Support,

I was wondering has anyone ever recovered a file when this has happened??

Regards

Alan

16 Replies
marcus_sommer

Are there any OnOpen macros/actions in this app? In this case it could help to press the shift-key during the opening.

- Marcus

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Michael,

I have tried sending the file to a friend who is using an earlier version, but that also failed to open the document.

I have sent this to another friend who is going to try for me in 20 minutes when he gets home

Thanks

Regards

Alan

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Marcus,

There are no OnOpen macros, but I do have macros in the file.

I use macros before releasing the Application for updating all allow/move size, fonts etc.. to save time if I need to change all of these things in a hurry.

Regards

Alan

marcus_sommer

Hi Alan,

maybe some settings like application/script/layout-rescue from the easter egg could be useful:

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=scriptrescue

Re: Recovering Corrupt Document

- Marcus

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Marcus,

I have tried everything, Qlik Support came back and said this sometimes happens and there is not much that can be done to recover the file. I asked why it happened but they can't tell me why??

I appreciate all your help

Regards

Alan

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If this is in an server envirorment then maybe you have "Previous Versions" Backup on your files?

Have saved me many times. Just right click on the file and choose properties and Previous Versions.

Good Luck!

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Staffan,

I was developing before placing the App on the Server so I have no server option

Thanks anyway

Regards

Alan