Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Document_chaining - in Browser - with selections?

Hi,

has anyone ever done document_chaining in the Browser with a transfer of selections?

I know it is possible to construct the URL to call - I had that at one point in time - and you can even add a selection - several too? I don't know ... but is it possible to somehow transfer the selections made in one app without reloading?

The thing is, many users here access QlikView only in the Browser and there is only one reload daily at night. So storing selections in a qvd is not an option. Reloading will not be possible.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I assume that you could just add as many selections like you want whereby it's not directly possible to select a field else you need to specify a listbox for it. I would just try the logic manually with two listboxes and if it worked you could use several getfieldselections() or maybe getcurrentselections() to get the set selections and apply on them some replace() or pick(match()) or similar to replace the fieldnames with object-id's from existing listboxes (maybe on a special sheet).

AJAX and URL parameters

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Marcus!

I'll try that. That is going to be step #2 on one of my current tasks. Today I'm going to focus on getting step #1 to work before I go on holiday (on Saturday only, but I don't suppose I'll get to to do it on Thu and Fri).

I don't close this thread yet since I might be back after my holidays - in September.

Best regards,

DataNibbler