Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document log

Hi please let me know where to enable Document log ... and what is the use of document log ....and how to understand the Document log for the reload failures

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to Settings-> Document Properties -> General Tab-> "Generate LogFiles" Check box.

Mark this check box and Click ok.

The log file will be generated at the same folder where you have the Qlikview Document.

If you select “Timestamp in log file” Checkbox under "Generate LogFiles" Check box.

log file will not be overwritten instead it will generate a new log file while reloading document again.

Log.png

When you open a log file, you will find the execution details of theload script step by step.

If any failure, will be stated at appropriate line.

You might observe the log file is not generated,

If Document Properties - Security --> "Admin Override Security" is not checked.

Regards

Neetha

View solution in original post

3 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

To check it is enable or not go to

Settings >> Document Properties >> General >> Tick Mark to enable Generate Logfile option

And for log file creation go to QVW saved file location there you find log file if you open it you can see lin eby line execution details of the execution if it fails some where then you can find reload fail error.

Hope this helps

Regards

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to Settings-> Document Properties -> General Tab-> "Generate LogFiles" Check box.

Mark this check box and Click ok.

The log file will be generated at the same folder where you have the Qlikview Document.

If you select “Timestamp in log file” Checkbox under "Generate LogFiles" Check box.

log file will not be overwritten instead it will generate a new log file while reloading document again.

Log.png

When you open a log file, you will find the execution details of theload script step by step.

If any failure, will be stated at appropriate line.

You might observe the log file is not generated,

If Document Properties - Security --> "Admin Override Security" is not checked.

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

in server level 3rd tab i think source documents  u will have option called document log check that one

use of doc log is like how many documenst visited for this user and at what time  like wise for all users

i am not sure this is correct, if not pls correct me