Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ather
Contributor II
Contributor II

Document not visible on AccessPoint

As we are migrating QlikView form one server to another, after migration we are not able to see any document on AccessPoint. Please guide us what should we do in this regards

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
stiefa00
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Alberto,

we are using DMS with custom directory. I'm working as a SRE on that environment together with Ather and his team. 

We are able to open documents directly with opendoc.htm but in index.htm the documents did not show up. So permissions (CALs, ACL) should be fine. Ather was comparing the index.htm of our old environment and found some code that was missing in the new environment. After adding those lines of code to the new environment the documents are now accessible in Access Point. 

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Fabian

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

Kindly remember to review as well:
AccessPoint not showing document Thumbnails, but s... - Qlik Community - 1821892

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Make sure your server connection is pointing to your new QVS server.

And make sure the folder your QVWs are in on the new server has been added to the mounted folders section in the QMC.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Albert_Candelario

Hello @Ather,

Thanks for posting.

Apart from the response from @Lucas_Gatling , I would also suggest to ensure the same setting are applied after moving to a new server. Specially the authorization ones, as a reminder:

• NTFS mode makes use of Windows file system security and all authorization information is stored on Windows file level. This means only Windows users can access the QlikView documents.
  • DMS mode, on the other hand, allows for QlikView itself to store authorization information. Unlike NTFS, this allows non-Windows users and groups to be authorized.
  • All authorization information for DMS mode is stored in the .META file, located next to the .qvw in the User Document file share/mount. 

Hence, if using NTFS and a new storage you need to ensure the users/groups are correctly added on the Windows file system.

More information on Example: How DMS authorization works - Qlik Community - 1714502.

I hope this also helps you!

Cheers,

Albert

Ather
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Albert and Lucas for your reply.

When open the developer options I have found the following issue: see the attachment 

Ather_0-1647493477797.png

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Ather,

Thanks for posting the error of the Dev tools. Are you using the out of the box QWS or IIS on your environments? 

Cheers!

Ather
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Albert, We have used IIS on our environment where we got this JQuery error. Now we have re-install Qlik and used 'Web Server' option and now JQuery error is gone, BUT we cannot see the documents even we can see the pagination with 3 pages. See the attached image.

Ather_0-1647836540890.png

Albert_Candelario

@Ather  seems could be the same as reported on Solved: After 12.60 Update SR1 - Accesspoint is empty, but... - Page 2 - Qlik Community - 1857661

Please have a look and let me know.

Cheers!

Ather
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

Thanks for you reply.

I have checked the above linked that you provide but cannot understand what action I need to do in the below post? Can you please elaborate? Still no documents is showing on the AccessPoint even pagination and all categories are showing 

Ather_0-1648210360665.png

Thanks in advance

GeigerS
Contributor
Contributor

There can be several reason to why a user gets access denied to the document; Section Access table is not properly formatted. Section Access table does not list the user. The service user reloading the document does not have full access to the document.

LTDCommodities.com

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Ather,

If you already re-install QV and now you are using QVWS instead of IIS, the previous link would not be useful.

Then, can you share if you were using DMS or NTFS previously and what kind of authentication you were using and you are using now.

Cheers!