Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document properties: [Server] [Sheets] & [Security] tabs missing

Hi All

does anyone know why the document properties would be missing the [Server] [Sheets] & [Security] tabs ? 

Occasionally when I copy back a document from our QlikView 9 production system to the QlikView 11 upgrade platform, these seem to be missing.

regards

Ian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ian,

Access to script and macro doesn't mean anything.  User may have permissions on this.  But there is no way user have access to the "Security" tab.  Check the possibility that you are defined both as USER and as ADMIN in Secion Access.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like you're opening document as "user" not admin (see Section Access)

Not applicable
Author

Hmmm ... I checked that the section access has my AD group as ADMIN and I even added my userID explicitly with ADMIN plus I can do stuff like edit the script and the macros so I am not stuck in USER mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ian,

Access to script and macro doesn't mean anything.  User may have permissions on this.  But there is no way user have access to the "Security" tab.  Check the possibility that you are defined both as USER and as ADMIN in Secion Access.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

oops ... I checked and found a typo in the AD group specified in the Section Access.  Not a major problem as all the reports share their Section Access via a single include file which I have fixed and now all is fine. 

Many thanks ... problem solved

You are correct that I was in USER mode and I have noted that access to script/macro is possible in this mode  ...

How would this access be controlled ?

regards

Ian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ian,

It is controlled by the Security tab.  All you allow is for USER.  Typically I allow very few safe options (like "Allow Export"), and check "Admin Override Security".  Never "Edit Script", never "Edit Module".

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael ... got it.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

Apart from section access , is there anyother way to get the missing tabs from document and user proprties?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope