Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hug_qlikview
Contributor III
Contributor III

Document reload ok from client but not using publisher

Dear Community,

We have installed a driver ODBC in order to access a Sybase database. The odbc connection is created on the server and we are able to reload the document from the client (on the server). But the document doesn't reload when using the publisher. The only thing I can think of is if we need to reboot the server in order to get it to work. Any one with experience?

Best regards,

Maria

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if you connect to the Server using the AD User that runs the QlikView Distribution Service [aka Publisher] and then manually do the reload ?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes it is important that the ODBC connection information from the regular user you configured and verified the reload manually for is copied to the user account that is running Publisher. Just like Bill Markham said.

I have usually made a copy of the ODBC settings from the one user to a .REG file with RegEdit and then logged on with the other user and just imported the ODBC settings with RegEdit there. That way you also get a documentation of the ODBC-settings and can reapply them and even document it without doing all the manual settings every time. This is especially true for installations with several ODBC-drivers.

hug_qlikview
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Bill,

I am via terminal server working on the server. On this machine I've installed the sybase driver plus configured an ODBC connection. The credentials are the same for the services and the AD user. When I do a manual reload from the QV application (QV client), the reload works just fine. When I try to reload from the Publisher I get the following error message:

1. 05.11.2015 08:50:38      Error     The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=D:\QlikView Storage\Public Data\AccessPoint Documents\PRODUCTION\SI_PROD\QVW\si_sejourpatients_TEST.qvw.
  2. 05.11.2015 08:50:38      Error     The task "test_si_sejourpatient" failed. Exception:
  3. QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=D:\QlikView Storage\Public Data\AccessPoint Documents\PRODUCTION\SI_PROD\QVW\si_sejourpatients_TEST.qvw.

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)