Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does ADMIN access override Data Reduction

I'd appreciate if someone could clear this up for me.  If a user is given ADMIN access in the Section Access, will that account have its data filtered through data reduction the same way an account with USER access will?  Does it differ if you run through the Qlikview server vs. running standalone on your local machine?

While I'm at it, how does "Initial Selection Based on Section Access" differ from "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access".

Thanks,

Arturo

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Yes, admin access overrides data reduction on qlikview developer but I believe it doesn't on server access, as there is no admin access in server.

There is a difference between selecting values and reducing to some values, you won't be able to change that selection or view other values not included in the section access.

Not applicable
Author

No, Admin access does not override data reduction neither in developer nor in server. The only difference between user and admin access is the security tab in documents. Which gives you a way to deal with these 2 access in disparate ways. You can use admin override security and then check reduce data. that way whenever document is opened data reduction is done even for admin but with admin override security you can change any option or can reload and see whole data.

In opening tab of document properties you need to check data reduction also.

For USER access this security tab is not visible, so they can not change any option.

Section access just works like selecting and excluding not selected data with some enhanced capabilities.

hope it makes sense, if not you are welcome to ask for more clarifications.