Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_nallapaneni

Does It Require Incremental Load?

Hi all,

I have table like this. For every reload total sale value will be updated as below. Now I want to capture those totals and store in a separate field and generate one new report with that total values. Here's challenge it is not associate to date. Only when reload will happen it will be updated.

Does it require Incremental load? If yes please help me how to achieve it?

Yesterday's report                                                                        Today's report

Sale1.PNGSale2.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Vinod.

16 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

>>associate to date.

Probably your table/file has a data field right?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Incremetal Reload is used to append new rows/modified data,

But in your case the same rows are being updated with new values so I think you basically want to track changes to your data.

So create an AsOFTable everyday you reload the data

Example:

Archive:

LOAD * INLINE [

Product,Quantity,Amount

A,2,3000

B,5,5000

c,6,6600

d,4,2000

e,1,500

];

AsOFTOTAL:

LOAD

Today() as AsOFDate,

Sum(Amount)

Resident Archive;

Store AsOFTOTAL into somepath\AsOFTOTAL.QVD

From the following day concatenate your AsOFTable the first generated QVD

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, This should work for Today's date. What if, Suppose if we need to get full accumulate for Tomorrows data for that. In that, He want Today's Date and Tomorrows date

As i assume, He must need this

Todays:

LOAD * INLINE [

Product,Quantity,Amount

A,2,3000

B,5,5000

c,6,6600

d,4,2000

e,1,500

];

AsOFTOTAL:

LOAD

Today() as AsOFDate,

Sum(Amount) as Final

Resident Archive;

Store AsOFTOTAL into somepath\AsOFTOTAL.QVD

Output:

AsOFDate          Final

11-12-2016         17100

Here, I have added this Data in DB. This will fetch next reload that is tomorrow's Date

Tomorrows:

LOAD * INLINE [

Product,Quantity,Amount

A,2,3000

B,5,5000

c,6,6600

d,4,2000

e,1,600   // Here, I've modified to 600 instead of 500 for Next reload update Data

];

Finally, It must be this

Output:

AsOFDate          Final

11-12-2016         17100

12-12-2016         17200

Then, He might need to show comparison for each date by using Final and AsOFDate

Do we do same thing using loops / We required always concatenate with all dates

Note: All inputs are more gain knowledge nigher suits nor won't work. vinod.nallapaneni‌ confirm the same if you are looking this

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Anil that's what I I've stated in my last line , that the total summary  qvd generated should be concatenated everyday with the asoftotal for that day!!

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I've tried same thing as you provide. It is concatenate with Existing Directory. But, No luck. That is the cause i am posting here.

Do you mean always need to concatenate for each date. Can you describe more to get idea to do this.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Hi Clever,

There is association of date field for that object (Pivot). For every reload I need to capture that totals and reload date. And I need to create another object (Line chart) by day wise total trend line.

Regards,

Vinod.

vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Hello Vineeth,

Thanks for your reply.

As Anil said I want output like that. Can you please describe more?

Regards,

Vinod.

vinod_nallapaneni
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I'm expecting output like this. Please share me if you got solution.

Regards,

Vinod.

Not applicable

No Need...!