Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone work at QlikView?

I locked myself out of a Personal Edition of QlikView by using some of the demos on this community.  Iam now unable to open documents that I created myself.  I sent an email to support about this issue, and was told to contact my local sales office.  I have spent a good portion of this morning trying to get a hold of someone in the licensing department, but to no avail.  This should be a simple process, but it has become extremely time consuming and annoying.  I just want an extended evaluation license so that I can open the document I created.  I now understand that I cannot look at any of the examples on this community (which, btw, is really weird).  Is there someone out there at Qlik that can help me, please??

9 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert,

I will have someone contact you very shortly.  My apologies for the challenges you have had. 

Here is a little more info in you are interested:

QlikView Personal Edition doesn't expire but restricts you to only the computer that created QVWs.  There is a little bit of grace provided.  You are allow to change the 'originating computer' up to four times.  This is so if you get a new computer you can transfer all of your QVW from your old computer.  In your case you used this feature to open example files and locked yourself out of the work you created.  This is why the warning that pops up states it is not recommended to open files you didn't created.

-Josh

Qlik

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is unfortunate. Normally QV Desktop should have told you that you were trying to recover documents not made on your computer. Didn't you get any warnings (at least 4 of them)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Josh.  I did see the warnings but thought that they would only apply to the demo files from the community, not my own .qvw's

I have put together an app to show to my boss that illustrates why we need to go to QlikView, but I cannot show it to him if I am locked out  

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a simple solution for your situation: log in as a different user on your desktop/laptop (even in the machine domain is ok) or as yourself on a different machine (install QlikView) and use one recovery attempt to recover the demo document. When you save it again, it will be tied to that new installation (first make a copy of the original) and can be openend and edited once again.

Each PE installation offers only 4 recovery attempts. After that, no more opening documents. Just creating new ones.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Josh, I haven't heard from anyone yet.  I am currently rebuilding my app from scratch.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Robert,

I will call you right away.

-Josh

Qlik

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Hopefully you've already got help and won't need this, but just in case:

If you delete the QlikTech folder in your users AppData\Roaming folder ( c:\users\myuser

appdata\roaming\qliktech) you basically reset the Qlikview Installation to a fresh install. You will then again have four recoveries available. You can use one of these to open your previously created app and continue developing it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to thank Josh Good and his team.  My issue was resolved and I am satisified.  Thank you to everyone else for replying to this thread as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think this works Gysbert.