cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hum1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Domain migration of Qlikview

Can someone please help me with tips on how the Domain migration process of QlikView and tips of Test plan.

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

could you please explain more?

which domain migration?  where to do? what you wanted to do?

Hum1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We are moving our Users from one domain to another.  It's something that would eventually affect QV Users in terms of login etc.  I want to create a Test Plan to test the new environment and what steps to take when the migration occurs.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only issue you are likely to face is the CAL assignments not aligning, which means you may have to clear all assignments and redo them or use the Allow Dynamic Assignment option, as we use domain\user on those.  The only other place I see an issue would be the Server Objects the users may have created, those are usually also stored under domain\user, so you may need to change the owners on those, or they would have to recreate things post migration...  

Have a look at the following Help link, that should get you on the right track with things:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.