Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Downloading Files From QlikView Application

Hi Friends,

I have been asked to create a QlikView Application which can be used by the end users for downloading certain files (CSV or ZIP) and I created the attached app. While the app works good in QlikView desktop, it fails in AccessPoint. Can anybody help me understand where I am supposed to place the output folder and what would be the essential link for downloading the same. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

12 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Guess that you need to enter a full path incl domain.

HTH Peter

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you will use NTFS-Security you need a link to a Share folder or a Website with authentification logic. Without NTFS Security you can simple mount the folder and the Datatypes in the QMC -> System -> QlikView Webserver -> Web. then you get it as normel Download by the Webserver.

raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response, but can you please help me with an example. In this case my AccessPoint URL is http://localhost/qlikview/index.htm (localhost being replaced by the machine name). I tried placing the file in the QvAjaxZfc Directory, but doesnt seem to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the response.

We have DMS, and I have already mounted the folder and I have moved the required CSV Files there. I am still getting a HTTP 404 error, any ideas..? I have also tried ZIP files instead of CSV and have the same response. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It works for me when i use the following settings and restart qvws. Check if youre service user has rights in that folder and check if you enter the right Fileextension.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi Raajesh

think that you need to enter a full path to the file, not only the name. On your local PC the file might be found through default directories, but this might be different on the server

Peter

raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the response, and apologies for the delay.

I tried this, however, I only get a QvsViewClient.aspx file which has the following text,

<result><message text='No connection'/></result>

Guess, I am missing something, do you see something fishy? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

PS: My connection is definitely on, and am able to open the QVW which contains the above link.

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

My last post was without Client ASPX

Link is like:

...servername/QVMOUNT/Filename.EXTENSION

QVMOUNT is Add to Folder settings and Extension to if it not exist allready