Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drag and Drop to Powerpoint not working

Hi all,

Just starting to use Qlikview and must admit very very impressed so far! I have manged to drag and drop charts and lists etc. to Excel 2007 no problem and the data refreshes fine when Qlikview refreshes.

However if I try and do the same process on Powerpoint 2007 I get a message asking me for my Licence Key and Control Number.

I'm using an analyzer licence and was not sure if the above is a 'restricted' feature.

Can anyone offer any advices?

regards

Glen

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This seems to be a pretty common error since there various posts about the same problem.

Here's one of the more recent posts.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/29804.aspx

I personally haven't been able to get this feature to work since having Windows XP and Powerpoint 2003 a couple years ago. I have Windows 7 and Powerpoint 2010 now. No customer has had to use it so I haven't reported it as a bug though I'm pretty such that it is.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Glen,

I am using QlikView 9 (SR4) and I have installed the QlikView IE Plug-in and I can drag and drop or copy and paste from QlikView into Excel, Word and PowerPoint (Office 2007 Professional with Service Pack 2) on a Windows 7 machine.

What version of QliKView are you using? In version 9, as far as I know, there are no restrictions with the Analyzer licence to prevent this from working.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rod,

I'm currently running 8.5 on Windows XP with Office 2007, although I believe I'll be moving to 9.0 in the near future (which I then think does not have licences?).

Seems strange that Excel works but not Powerpoint, I'll contact our QLikview account handler and see what their thoughts are on this.

Thanks for the help guys.

Glen