Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drag and drop object to Office 2003 application

Hello all,

We are running v9sr4 with 32bit Server. We dont use AccessPoint.

When I try to drag and drop an object from a document to Word or PowerPoint 2003 nothing happens. The same occurs both through the plugin and from a local document in a local client (using a leased licence).

Do I need to install the qlikocx.ocx? Do I need to use the 'objects client page generator' on the document (what does this do anyway)? Does it not work with Office 2003?

Regards,

Gordon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Gordon

If you are doing everything locally, your local license will enable the functionality with the OCX. You don't need to invoke the page generator for this operation. But I would strongly advise getting to SR6 to avoid known bugs with the Office interaction in prior versions.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Gordon

I'd recommend installing 9.0SR6 as it contains a number of fixes around this particular feature. And you will need the OCX installed to have the interactive objects inside your Office documents (as well as a connection to your host QVS).

Regards

John T

Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I am stuck with v9sr4 for the time being.

How is licencing reconciled with having the OCX installed/used by a client machine? Does the 'object client page generator' need to be run for the document to make this work (not using AccessPoint)?

Regards,

Gordon

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Gordon

If you are doing everything locally, your local license will enable the functionality with the OCX. You don't need to invoke the page generator for this operation. But I would strongly advise getting to SR6 to avoid known bugs with the Office interaction in prior versions.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Appreciate the help, John.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

I have been trying to do the same thing. I have installed QlikOCX on my machine and I am trying to copy the object and pasting it in Word locally.

However, I get the following message:

Now, I have a licensed Qlikview 10 SR1 client running on my machine. Help appreciated.