Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crispolo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Draw Reference Line

Hi guys,

I have a linear chart, with months on the x-aixs and costs on the y-axis, like this:

first.PNG

Now I would draw a vertical line inside a linear graph, and this line should indicate the current month, like this:

first.PNG

I draw the red line with paint.

I can't use Reference Lines option, because on x-axis I don't have number, but string.

Someone can help me to find a solution?

Thanks

6 Replies
isorinrusu
Partner
Partner

Hi Andrea,

You won't be able to use vertical reference lines unless you use a continuous x-axis (found in axis, between the "axis colours" at the left).

Since you're using months, I think you could convert it to Date and then you'd be able to check the continous axis, thus enabling this option.

Regards,

Sorin.

avinashelite

i.sanz11‌ is correct , you need to have continuous x-axis  to get the verticall reference line ...try to have dual format for your Month dim and try that could help

crispolo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did what you said.

Now the x-axis values looks like this:

first.PNG

How can I show only the first day of the month, like this:

first.PNG

In this second image I disabled the continuous option, but in this case Reference Lines option doesn't work

stabben23
Master
Master

Hi,

could you use a combo chart and add Expression like if(Months=vPreviousMonth, 150.00) and use bar?

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

An error bar can almost do it , except a little bit garbages at the end of the line

1.png

plz find attachment ,  for your infomation

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

continuous x-axis + reference line + text on axis will make perfect1.png

PFA