Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down Chart

I have a chart that is by country I want to be able to drill into a country and see what customers and then drill into the customer and see what product type. I am not sure how to do this. I think I need to create a dimension group. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

A Drill Down Group is used with Fields that keep a Hierarchical relation. Maybe what you are trying to accomplish can be done with a cyclic group.

Here is how to create a Cyclic Group:

1. Go to Settings > Document Properties > Groups Tab.
  2. Click on New...
  3. Specify that it is a Cyclic group by selecting the corresponding option button.
  4. Add the Fields that you want to include in the group (Country, Customer, Product)
  5. Click OK and a new group is created. Use this group as the Dimension on your chart.

Once you have the chart, you would need to select the specific country and the cycle with the icon placed within the chart area to see the other field (Customer). Then, select a customer and cycle again to see products. Maybe you will want to keep track of the selections with a 'Current Selections' Object.

Hope this help.

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

That worked very well thank you.