Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down to New Report

Greetings All

May you please highlight the fact if a line chart can drill down to a bar chart.

Like Navigate in OBIEE.

Thanks In Advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try with the attched one.

Regards,

Sindhu Kannan.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In General Tab of your line chart, on the right side there is a box: Fast Type Change, select Bar chart.

Let me know

linusblomberg
Creator II
Creator II

What you can do is to have a combo chart with both line and bar expressions. with "get...()" functions you can use calculation condition to alter when an expression is to be shown. You can use this on dimensions as well if you want them to change in your drill down.

Not applicable
Author

Example.JPG

I would like to link these two reports to one.

For an example the line chart will be the default one if I will click on product it must give me the total in a bar chart.

Please assist!

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

first thing,seems to be both reports are giving the same output as per the dimensions--- yes--then u can simply use FAST TYPE CHANGE from general tab of ur chart peoprties--and select which the check box line and bar..etc

if not,

create variable and list down ur bar and line in that variable

and define condition on both charts --from Layout tab--show condition as URVARIABLENAME='BAR' and other chart URVARIABLENAME='Line'

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response. May you please provide me the model by applying the solution. It's not working on my side not sure where I am doing wrong.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

PFA,

Not applicable
Author

Than You soo much! Is it possible to make it without using variable on same report?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

If you like to use the Container chart object,u can use that.

Not applicable
Author

May you please provide the example as a model.