Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down

Hi.,

I am using QlikView Personal Edition.

Problem Statement :

I want a drill down where, If i click on a specific line in a line chart,it should drill down to specific bar chart.Then if i click on a bar chart,it should drill down to a data table with related fields.Can somebody help me with this?

PFA for what exactly i need.

7 Replies
lukaspuschner
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

please attatach demo-data

Not applicable
Author

I have now attached image to my post.. Thank you

avinashelite

Hi Shruthi,

As per my knowledge such a kind of drill down is not possible in Qlikview i.e on selecting a product in line chart>drill down to bar chart then to straight table. In a single chart we can achieve drill down but it will be only one chart format.

If you want to achieve that i suggest u a different approach, which will give u a similar  result.

Steps:* first create a line chart, as u showed in the snapshot.

*Then create one more Bar chart with the 2nd pic what u have shown and one more straight table as the 3rd pic.

*Logic: Use conditional hiding ie. go to properties>layout> Show > condition> here put a condition like getselectedcount(dimension of line chart)>0 , so this chart will be shown only when selection is made in that dimension.

Similarly follow the same  for third and hide first line chart when some selection is made.

Since your using personal addition , if we post sample qvw will also be no use.

Hope this helps you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash for your reply. I'll try out the way you suggested.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can create more than one chart and using conditional show, get the required result..

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Shruti

Maybe you could try using a Container  to achieve something similar ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shruti

or in the general tab under fast type change click on as many types as u like, they all will be icons near minimise button of the chart. User then switch between different chart types

thanks

padma