Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_qlikuser
Contributor
Contributor

Drill Through to Basedata

Hi,

I have a requirement to achieve drill through. Say,The main report has the region wise headcount. Once I click on the headcount of each individual region I should be taken to another report which shows the details of the headcount. For eg: If headcount of India is 2, when I click on 2, I should see the details of the 2 employees.How can we achieve this in QlikView. Please help.

7 Replies
_armoco_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Rini,

You can create a simple drill down for this.

Go to Document properties-->Groups tab. Select New and select Drill down radio button.

See the attached Screenshot where I've created a drill down of Country-->City.

Once this is done you may add the group in the dimension of the chart you want to create.

In your report, you may want to create a Drill down group of Region-->Employees. Give this group a name, say, Region Drill down and add this to the dimension of your chart(Pie, bar, pivot etc). In the expression use 'count(Fieldname)'.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try below Steps,

1) Go to Doc. Properties and create new group like below,

2) use that group in your summary table as Dimension then it should work as drill down

drill.jpg

r_qlikuser
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Arjun,

Thank You for the response.

But here in my case it is not a hierarchical drill down from a dimension. I need to click on a measure and its corresponding data needs to be displayed. Please find the snapshots.

HC.PNG

desc.PNG

When I drill from Headcount field (say HeadCount=2,region=India and grade=A ) of first report, I should see the below report with the details of the Headcount).

Thanks in Advance.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

PFA, this should work u r case. tks

by using Conditional analysis method,

Like this,

GetSelectedCount(Category)=1

drill-down.JPG

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

you can not use aggregated values (measure) inside report to click on. These are not associated in the qlikview model.

Here you have Count(Name)? as HeadCount measure. This value have no relation With the other Field in the dimensiontable. If you want HeadCount measure to be "clickable" you need to aggregated it in the script editor and create a New Field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find attached sample of two ways to drill down.

Details in the app.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable

Hi

I have attached the qvw for your scenario.

Regards

kulwant