Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill-down Issues

Hi all,

I have a graph with a drill-down list on year/quarter/month that causes some esthetic problems when setting it to year. The graph is already also sorted on year so by doing this you will get “double year” on the x-axis. It get confusing easily as it is at this point, since if set to year it will show a full column (total) for the year in question, and the other years will have zero entries (see pic). I would like it to hide these options where the value is zero - can this be done easily?

DecMonth.jpg

Cheers,DecYear.jpg

7 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Could you upload the sample ?

You want to hide years or empty space between the bars when the Year mode is selected ?

kiranmanoharrode
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Nils'

I think you have included Both Drill-down Group dimension and Dimension of the 'Year'.

Remove "Year" dimension from the dimension list.

Regards

Kiran Rode

+91 8976977897

Not applicable
Author

this is sadly not an option since i need it to still be able to sort on quarter and year, or month and year. its the sorting of year and year that is a problem

Not applicable
Author

i will mock up a sample and upload in a minute. the problem is the year-on-year selection that happens when i set the drill-down to year. i still need year to be in there since i need it for the comparison to month and quarter, but also if i want to look at just the year.

Not applicable
Author

heres a mock-up. as you can see sorting it on year will give you a "double" year view. this is what i want to get around without removing any of the dimensions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Fordimension "received_year" add: GetCurrentField(Rec)<>'received_year' to Enable condtional.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Ok.

I guess you want to keep the months (originally decision) as stacked bar, so hiding one dimension is not an option.

Instead of received_year dimension you can just use =if(GetCurrentField(Rec)<>'received_year', received_year, '').

This creates a blank dimension and months stay stacked.