cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-down dimension does not expand

Hello all,

I have a very simple drilldown dimension (Year-Month). When I click on a particular Year, instead of displaying the full 12 months, it just keeps showing the same level of year.

1. The dimension structure:

drilldown.PNG

2. After I click on a year, it doesn't show the next level of Month as expected:

after collapse.PNG

Anyone has the same problem or knows the solution? Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi ,

Just change the Alternate State to "3" in the work around chart. Right now it is set as "Inherited'

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC

View solution in original post

8 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Can you share the sample? do you have only drill-down group in your dimension or any other dimensions you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu,

Please find the sample attached.

I only have this drill down group as shown. The other dimension is Country, as I want to display the Import value by countries also.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

It Seems to be you are using the Alternate State.  If you change this as 'inherited' it will work.

Or, you need to give the same alternate group for you drill down also.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu,

Yes I'm using Alternate state.

I want alternate state of the chart to remain the same and change the group dimension accordingly. But cannot see where to set this up for the drill-down group. Can you kindly show me where?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Angie,

This is an known issue when you deal with drill down with alternate state.

I have made a work around solution to overcome this challenge.

Please refer the sample.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jyothish, I want to use the drill-down dimension in the workaround chart  and set alternate state according to the list box.

I see now in your file my selection in the list box is not reflected in the chart, and the display of the original chart is dependent on yours.

Is it possible?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi ,

Just change the Alternate State to "3" in the work around chart. Right now it is set as "Inherited'

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. I can see it now.