Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Drill down issue for distinct values

Hi,

Please consider the below example:

Type Area Region Calls

National 1 1 50

National 1 2 100

National 2 1 150

If I have a drill down group with Type, Area, Region and use the same in a straight table, the drill down starts with Area instead of Type. But the requirement is to have Type first. Is this an issue with Drill Down Charts in 9.0 SR3(for a distinct value for the first dimension(National in this case)).

I donot see this issue in 8.5. Please confirm this as a bug in 9.0 SR3!

Thanks,

Siddharth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Well, in 8.5

If there is only one value available, it DOESNOT jump down to a lower level. I was using 8.5 for a while and hence could not the difference.

Thanks,

Siddharth

View solution in original post

6 Replies
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any feedback will be appeciated!

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

This is normal behaviour for a drill down dimension. If there is only one value available, it jumps to a lower level.

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Well, in 8.5

If there is only one value available, it DOESNOT jump down to a lower level. I was using 8.5 for a while and hence could not the difference.

Thanks,

Siddharth

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Well, in 8.5 If there is only one value available, it DOESNOT jump down to a lower level. I was using 8.5 for a while and hence could note the difference. So this is unusual!

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

still the issue in SR5 to. Workaround by adding a NULL value to the list of values you don't want to skip.

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Works! Thanks!