Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill through to Another qlikview document

Hi,

I am in need of switching from one QV to another QV with passing variables into the target report.for ex if i have a pie chart with user name and their relevant measure in it.If i click in the pie chart for a particular user, The qv must be redirected to another report, in which the Detailed information for that particular user is displayed.Also I want to come back to the Main report from the child report to select another user in the pie chart.

Please help me in how to design the drill through in Qlikview.

Regards,

Santhosh

7 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's called "Document Chaining" in QV9 and you do it using Actions. You'll probaly find some examples on the Forum. There is a detailed tutorial titled "How to set up document chaining in QlikView 9 " in the "Content" section of the Customer Portal.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob-

I've looked for this tutorial but can't seem to locate it. Can you post a link or point me in the right direction? Thanks much and look forward to seeing you again at Qonecctions2011! -r, Juanita

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Juanita,

Nice to hear from you. Here's he link in the Customer Portal "Content" section. Let me know if you have trouble reaching it.

https://emea.salesforce.com/sfc/#version?selectedDocumentId=06920000000CoUv

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I don't have a sales force account that I would need to log in (Partner and Customer, only). Do you know where else I might find it? Thanks again...-r, Juanita

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've attached it here.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you SIR,

Not applicable
Author

Perfect - Thanks again!