Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drilling Features

Hi,

I have some data in excel sheet which contains the date in yyyy-mmm format. I want to apply drill up / drill down from year to month. How to do that. I am using the trial version as of now

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Advayaa,

You have not mentioned how many years and how many months data available in each year.Well by using following command you need to make two columns such as Year,Month

Ex:

Year(Date_Field) as Year,

Month(Date_Field) as Month

Now you will get two column.And select chart which you want to show.And click "Edit Groups" under "Dimension" tab.Now

you can select both Year and Month column as dimension.Write your measure in "Expression" tab.

For any calrification let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Jai

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Advayaa,

You have not mentioned how many years and how many months data available in each year.Well by using following command you need to make two columns such as Year,Month

Ex:

Now you will get two column.And select chart which you want to show.And click "Edit Groups" under "Dimension" tab.Now

you can select both Year and Month column as dimension.Write your measure in "Expression" tab.

For any calrification let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Jai

Not applicable
Author

Hi, my data contains the data for 4 years and all the months in these four years ie a total of 48 months. n there are mutiple data for each month also . eg of date field is 2007-jan, 2007-feb, 2010-jun.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, my data contains the data for 4 years and all the months in these four years ie a total of 48 months. n there are mutiple data for each month also . eg of date field is 2007-jan, 2007-feb, 2010-jun.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can proceed the step which I mentioned earlier.You will get the result.

Thanks & Regards

Jai

Not applicable
Author

Date_BaggageNo_Of_Baggage_Arriving_OntimeNo_Of_Baggage_MishandledTotal_No_Of_BaggageReason_Code
2007-JAN27000006000DT01
2007-JAN10000DL02

this is the sample of the data i have , I am creating a bar chart that shows the date_baggage in the x-axis and the sum(No_Of_Baggage_Mishandled ) in the y-axis . In this report i want the data to be drilled up and down . so please tell me the exact steps . \

And where to write these queries

Ex:

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

here with I have attached a sample file.Find the attachmnet.For further query let me know the same....

Thanks & Regards

Jai

Not applicable
Author

I am not able to view your dashboard as i am using the personal edition , so i need the steps to do so, kindly help with the same .

thanx in advance

Not applicable
Author

Step 1:

Select your chart and go to "Dimension" tab

Step 2:

In that left side near bottom you can see "Edit Groups" button.Click that you will get "New" button.Clik "New" button you will get fields which you having in youe application

Step 3:

Now you can select the select field in which manne they want to show in the object.Add in that manner.

Step 4:

Click "Ok" you will reach "Dimension" tab again.Now you can add Drill group which newly created,can be added as a dimension

in tab.

I hope it is clear.If you have any query let me know the same.

Thanks & Regards

Jai

Not applicable
Author

Thanx I have done with it, but i was not able to do with the way u suggested , insted i had to create year and month column in the data itself,

anyways thanx a lot for ur help