Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dropdown select in an input field (not input box)?

Is it possible to create an input field with a predefined list of values that can be selected from a dropdown box?

I know how to do this with an input box but I need to do the same with an input field.

The aim here is to have a table box with multiple fields and to include a couple of input fields which ask the user certain questions. The user would select a Yes/No value from a dropdown on a row by row basis and each selection would have no impact on the current selections in the dashboard.

Once the user is finished making all of their selections they would click on a button which will export the table box to an excel file and save it to a predefined location.

Thanks

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this won't be possible and you will be rather need an extension like this: SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus, I thought it was a longshot but said I would check anyway. The above solution won't work for me in this case but thanks for bringing it to my attention

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

You can't have multiple values in the input field. I had to do something similar recently and had to create a button that called up a small web app to do this - you can of course pass parameters to that. When the web app closes, you can return the user to the QlikView tab he was on.

vikasmahajan

- Create Excel File which you want to show in input box

- Load inline  this table

- Create Input box -> go to Constraints -> Tick Predefined Values from drop down Option

Click on List Values

=Concat( YourField,',')

Hope this resolve your requirement.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.