cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Dual Function Lost if add symbol in numeric format

I've just encountered this from upgrading to Qlikview 12, however I've also tested back in 11.2 and it's also occurring now.

In a bar chart, you can use a dual expression to have the bar represent one value and then the text ontop of the bar chart represent another value.

In my simple example, I've created an expression for the bar to be 'Revenue' and the text ontop of the bar to be 'Margin'..

=dual(num(avg(Margin/100),'#.#0%'),sum(Rev))

Without numeric formatting e.g. £k or £m, the bar chart behaves itself. As you can see below, the value ontop of the bar is the margin in % i.e. 3.20%. However the y axis is messy as it's showing in single £'s..

Dual1.PNG

So I now set the numeric format under the number tab to put £k..

Dual2.PNG

Now the graph loses it's dual functionality and shows the Rev value ontop..

Dual3.PNG

Is this a bug?

Sample qvw attached.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Seems like it...

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Okay, if it is a bug, does anyone know how I log this with Qlik?

sunny_talwar

Old discussion, but see if this link helps:

How to report a bug? | Qlik Community

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IIRC your original goal is usually accomplished by defining two expressions, of which one simply displays a value (in % in your case) and not a bar. The advantage then is that you can format the second expression as you like, while the first one displays bars and axis values according to you number specification.

A solution using a single expression will get messy (or schizophrenic) sooner or later...