Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate Scenarios

Hi,

I am interested in showing multiple duplicate scenarios in the file.

E.g

Duplicate of combination of same invoice num + same vendor num + same amount

Combo of same invoice num + invoice date

Combo of same invoice num + vendor num

So, for the first one I had concatenated the above mentioned fields and called it as the following

[Invoice Number] & [Vendor Number] & [Payment Amount] as C_Duplicate,

now to show the duplicate records I created a listbox with the formula

=if(Count(C_Duplicate) > 1, 'T', 'F') but I am not getting the desired result.

Basically I want a table/chart showing all the potential duplicate records from all the scenarios.

Attached the sample format of how I the result is expected

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Below is better and more effective as it is script based solution, but when all the fields are same, for one of the case, I had to concatenate amount as QV is not showing complete duplicate records in straight table.

Please close the thread in case it satisfies the needs.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

13 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Can you share your qvw?

Digvijay_Singh

I think it works, see attached sample -

Load *,  [Invoice Num] & [Vendor Num] & [Invoice Amount] as C_Duplicate;

LOAD [Invoice Num],

[Vendor Num],

[Invoice Date],

[Invoice Amount]

FROM

[Duplicate Scenarios.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Digvijay,

Thanks for the help, it works fine but the this is just a small sample so the user can click on T, what if there are a lot of line items with T, the 'T' option isn't showing in the search option.

Any idea where we can just show only the "True" exceptions? Maybe enable conditional enabling or something.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attaching qvw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Possible to show all 3 exceptions in one place with the type of exceptions identified?

So only show records which are true in all 3 cases of duplicates and add a column saying which category it belongs to

Digvijay_Singh

See if this can help -

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Digvijay,

It's close but I would want to see both the duplicate records as well as the other fields next to it. In this case, it's showing only 1 duplicate case, so for the first duplicate case I should see two lines not just one

Digvijay_Singh

Actually it was showing both records but hiding as I was using chr(13) while concatenating, now I changed concat char to ',', see the updated one below - I am still trying how to show rest of the fields.

Capture.JPG

Digvijay_Singh

Below is better and more effective as it is script based solution, but when all the fields are same, for one of the case, I had to concatenate amount as QV is not showing complete duplicate records in straight table.

Please close the thread in case it satisfies the needs.

Capture.JPG