cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darumaka
Contributor
Contributor

Duplicate apps in Access Point

Hi! I have read several solutions to this problem as I can see that many has had the same problem before me.

I first added an app in access point and thereafter I moved the app to a subfolder. Since then I have duplicate values of the app in the Access Point. They don't seem to open the exact same app since one of them clearly is an earlier version. Also when looking at the url:s I can see that they refer to different places, one of them having a longer URL with the words “AccessPoint Prod” in them.

Now, how do I do to remove one or maybe both from the access point? As I wrote I have tried to read my way to it but I still don't get it and I need simple and step-by-step instructions. Perhaps I am unsuccessful because I do not have the authorization that I need on the server, but this I am unsure off.

Searching the Documents – Source Documents I only find one instance of the app. But when searching Documents – User Documents I’m getting two results although looking at the properties for the results, I can see no difference.

Please help!

Because of settings in my organization I can’t view any attachments on this board, although images in the post works fine.

11 Replies
Darumaka
Contributor
Contributor
Author

So now I have done some more digging. It seems that we have two qlikview-servers. The one I can access that has QMC is on one server. Under System - Setup - General it says that the qlikview server has another server name. And even though I can access the other server I don't seem to have enough permissions to view the content of every folder there. I can't find any QMC on that server either.

I don't understand why they have a setup like this, maybe it's for security reasons. My best guess is that the file that I want to delete is on the other server but I can't reach it.

Darumaka
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for helping me. Once I realized that the root folder was on another server to which I didn't have enough permissions I could ask our IT-department help me remove the duplicate files. Problem solved!

@zhadrakas  @jonathandienst