cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akshay2015
Contributor
Contributor

Dyanmic Filter

Requirement: I want to show the text "TOTAL SALES" if no filter selected & if any filter selected show the dynamic text as  Image1 ie (Sales for 2014 $123) , Is there any workaround to embed the two dynamic text in one text object, if we are not selecting any filter the text won't change as per the requirement (Image 2 )

Example

1)If no filter is selected show "TOTAL SALES $123"

2)If 2014 selected show "Sales for 2014 $123"

Kindly share your inputs.Image1.PNGImage2.PNG

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Akshay, I think the best way to go at this one is two objects that are set to sit in the same space and use conditional show condition to show the one you want based upon whether or not there is a selection in your field...  Actually found a design blog post that may help here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Enhancing-the-User-Experience-Using-Conditional-Expre...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sunny_talwar

May be using an If statement?

If(GetSelectedCount(Year) = 0, 'TOTAL SALES ', 'Sales for ' & Year)
&
Money(Sum(Sales))

JGMDataAnalysis
Creator III
Creator III

This option contemplates the possibility of selecting more than one value in the Year field.

Note: if the format applied by the Num function is not displayed properly, change the period with a comma.

If(GetSelectedCount([Year]) = 0 Or GetSelectedCount([Year]) = Count({1} distinct [Year]), 
	'TOTAL SALES ', 'Sales for ' & Concat(distinct [Year], ', ')) & Chr(10) & Num(Sum([Sales]), '$ #.##0')