Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Dimensions - QlikView

I will greatly appreciate your guidance on this -

We have 3 pivot tables in a dashboard as 3 sheets –

1. The measures in all the 3 are the same (premium, commission, and client count)
  2. The dimensions are Coverage, Carrier, and Wholesaler (one for each of the pivots)

What is a good way to use 1 pivot table (instead of 3) and have a dynamic dimension that the user can select (Coverage or Carrier or Wholesaler)?

I have built an inline table called Selection with values Coverage, Carrier, Wholesaler.

Also using =GetCurrentSelections(Selection) to get the value of user selection in the pivot as a dimension. 

But it shows up as Selection: Coverage’ (when Coverage is selected) rather than listing the values of the dimension Coverage.

Thanks for your suggestions - and please let me know if there is a simpler way to do it.

Regards

15 Replies
peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

It's working now.  I had the dimension limit to 2 - so changed it to 5 and seeing all my values.

Thanks again for all your help!

sunny_talwar

Oh nice, I am glad it finally worked for you

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi stalwar1

It can happen through one more way, I guess.

Make a dimension inline table and in pivot table , we can put enable condition for each dimension like

getfieldselection(Dimension) = 'Selection' for 1 dimension and so on for other 2.

It should work,right?

sunny_talwar

I believe it should work

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Thanks,

davidniche
Contributor
Contributor

This fixed my 2 day struggle > thanks 🙂