Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Selection Criteria in Chart Expressions?? Please Help.

I have a chart where I need to have the data selected by a dynamic variable. The chart is to display the sum of sales for a given financial period. If I were to do this for a static selection criteria, I would use Set Analysis like in the following example. This example works perfectly in my chart with the given data.

Sum

( {1<DimensionField_FinancialPeriod = {'200801','200901'} >} (ExpressionField_Sales) )

As you can see, the Financial Period is selected with static values. The goal of this chart is to select the current financial period, as well as the same period of the two prior years. So I have created variables that calculated these values. My variables work fine, as I have tested them in text objects placed on my QV doc. The text objects containing the variables work perfectly, and display the proper dynamic values.

When I substitute the variable into the Set Analysis code above, the chart stops working. So either my variable is setup wrong; my syntax in adding the variable to the Set Analysis is wrong; or there is some kind of limitation on the software that I am bumping up against.

If someone can please show me the proper syntax to add a varaible in place of the static values above, I would be most grateful. Thanks!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Use $(=variablename) as the syntax, e.g.,

( {1<DimensionField_FinancialPeriod = {'$(=previous_period)','$(=current_period)'} >} (ExpressionField_Sales) )