Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Dynamic update - add users to QV Admins on which server?

We have 3 servers 1 Qlikview, QVWS and QMC.

Which server(s) do the users need to be added to as members of the QV Admin Group?

Also if we don't add them to the QMC server are there any security concerns about the users being members of the QV Admin group?

I know it won't affect their access defined in Section Access.

Thanks

Dan

14 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Dan,

Strictly speaking, only the Qlikview Service user needs to be a member of the Qlikview Administrators group. However is you are using this to allow AD access rights to our Qlikview Files, then it only applies to the server on which the actual dashboard files reside.

Andy

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thanks.

I am still having trouble getting Dynamic update working.  All of the document and server settings are correct.

Even just the dynamic update statement seems to do nothing when I hit it from the Access point.  Ajax, IE Plugin or even fat client.

It only works when I run it local.  I will have to double check everything once the web server comes back - unfortunately it's down at the moment which makes it a little tough to trouble shoot .

Thanks

Dan

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Dan,

never played with Dynamic Update before.... but had a go with downloaded example of the community, and it only works from the access point when I ticked, QMC>System>Setup>Security - Allow Dynamic data Update. Have you got this ticked?

Andy

Not applicable

Hi Dan,

to ensure the proper functioning of the " dynamic update", you have to check:
1) enable the checkbox "Enable dynamic data update" of qvw, in Document Properties> server
2) on the server must be enabled entries
"Allow dynamic data update"
and, if it runs the command with macros, also
Allow macro execution on server
Allow unsafe macro execution on server
3) the server must be 11 sr1 or later. Previous versions required a specific license

4) server configured  to use NTFS. Does not work with DMS.

Alex

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Yes all the settings in the document and Server are set to allow Dynamic update.

I have an update - it works for me from the Fat client but not Ajax or IE Plugin.

Alessandro -

Server is 11.20.12235.0

As far as I can tell it's NTFS not sure what DMS means.

All settings for Macros and allow dynamic update are correct.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Another update on this weird behavior.

The Fat client sporadically works for me when opening the document in the server.

IE via plugin worked briefly yesterday but then stopped.

This is frustrating I need to get this figured out.

Thanks

Dan

Not applicable

could be related to the command.

What kind of operation do you run in dynamic update command? insert, delete or update?

In update and delete operations you should always specify a where clause

Alessandro

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

All of the Dynamic Update commands Insert, Delete and Update are sporadic.  If one works they all work for me.

They always work locally from my QV Fat client.

They sometimes work when opening in the server from Fat client and sometimes work when opening in IE 11 with the plugin from the Access Point.

I see no mention of it requiring a later service release but I am going to try that.

The server is Windows 2012 and we are on QV 11.20 SR5.  I am going to go to SR10 or SR11 and see what happens.   The only thing in the release notes that may indicate it may help is SR6 says it supports Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks

Dan

Not applicable

Hi Dan,

I worked with dynamic update function since qlikview 9. I think it's no a service release problem.

Could you try the simple qvw attached?  I'm sure that this one work fine with IE11 (plugin and also full browser) + QVS 11.2 sr8.

Alessandro