Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic value update of the inputbox

Hi freinds,

We have an reuirement to update an value of input box (basically comments so  free text)  in one of my tablebox in QVW.

What should be the best methodology which i should follow . I have gone through below docs but is there any better way where i can update the comments by pining it back to some constantly saved  data file or DB via XML. Current options i have explore are  but looking for some method which can be implemented on big scale and with better clear steps as i am new to this :

a. Free Text Box Extension Object

b.Write back to database via XML output or web service

looking forword for help from you all as this is very urgent requirement. Thanks in advance

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nitin,

Macros are not supported in other mode apart from IE plugin mode.

you need to run it in IE plugin mode

just go to Details -> Internet explorer Plugin

and try to run the macro

Thanks

BKC

nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a lot BKC.. i was able to implement it successfully ...just one more doubt i have regarding this implementation that,  is it necessary to keep all the users in QV administrator group   for this application to use , if yes  then how do you restrict those user to access QMC as QV administrator.

My intended user group is pretty big and do not want to add every one in QV admin group just to access this application ..is there any work around ?

Thanks a lot ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

if all the users want to update the field then you need to add everyone.

I did not tested it but you can try with document admin group  apart from QV administrator group

lets see if it works.

Thanks

BKC