Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamically Change Variable Values in Expression

Hi All,

I have a vSL variable name with 80 as value and use this variable in this expressions,  =20+vSL. Thus, the result would be 100. How can I create a list box with different values, so when I check one of these value then the result will change?

Please let me know If you think there is a better approach. All inputs are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

For this you would need to create a small table maybe something like this:

t:

Load * Inline [

value

];

and then using this field within a listbox with (option one selected only) and in your expression something 20 + getfieldselection(value).

Where you could use a list also create for a variable within the tab restrictions from the inputbox (bottom right).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

For this you would need to create a small table maybe something like this:

t:

Load * Inline [

value

];

and then using this field within a listbox with (option one selected only) and in your expression something 20 + getfieldselection(value).

Where you could use a list also create for a variable within the tab restrictions from the inputbox (bottom right).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Exactly what I need! Thank you very much Marcus!!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create and Inline table or an excel file with the required number and load it in qlikview and provide this as a filter.  Now you simply use

Numbers:

LOAD

INLINE [

NewFieldName

60];

=20 + Sum(NewFieldName)

Or the best method is provide an input box and assign this variable to the input box, and get input from user and use this variable in your expression.

=20 + variableName

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.