Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

E() function doesn't work as expected.

Hi everyone, hope somebody can help. First of all, let me excuse myself for the title of the question, but I wasn't able to find out anything enough describable.

I got stuck at certain point I don't know which direction to take. Let me explain.

I got a table loaded with multiple records of several fields, mainly OrderNo, Worker, Room. So I have Room1 and Room2, and an order can be made with items from one room or from both, and it can be made by one worker or by two.

Captura.JPG

What I need is  a straigth table like in the picture. I've been trying  with the E Function like this

Count( DISTINCT {$< OrderNo = E({$<Room={1}>})>}  OrderNo)

to get the Orders of the Room2 that doesn't have Room1 but I don't get what I want. How can I get all the orders of a certain worker that just have Room2 for that worker, No matters if the same order have another worker in Room1.

Having 4 records like these, the result should be:

Captura2.JPG

Any direction to follow would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I was talking about just replacing OrderNo with your new field in your original expression, something like

Count( DISTINCT {$< CustomKey= E({$<Room={1}>})>}  OrderNo) 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you could create a combined key of order and worker in your script and use that field instead of OrderNo alone in your set analysis.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why you want that complex either we can use this?

Count({<Room -= {1}>} DISTINCT OrderNo)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You mean something like this?:

LOAD

note&'-'&UserId AS CustomKey,

//

RESIDENT TABLE;

And then use it this way to get the orders made in the Room2

Count( DISTINCT {$<CustomKey=P({$<Room={"2"}>})>} CustomKey)

I've tried it but it doesn´t work because If I have the following records

Captura3.JPG

It will return 2 as result (2000 and 2001) and I just want the 2001 order. Because is doesn't have Room1 for the same order and same worker, Is any way to evaluate at order level and say: Count this order if it doesn`t have Room1 for this worker (same worker)

Thanks for you time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil. It doesn't work either.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I was talking about just replacing OrderNo with your new field in your original expression, something like

Count( DISTINCT {$< CustomKey= E({$<Room={1}>})>}  OrderNo) 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's right!! Thank you very much!!