Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Easy way to drag pivot tables?

I have a pivot table with two dimensions, Sales Lead and Sales Month. I would like to see the months running down the page, and the leads running across, with subtotals for both dimensions at the right and bottom, respectively.

I know that you can "grab" a dimension and pull it up graphically, to get this result, but I'll be damned if I can make it work consistently. Some times the blue arrow shows up, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it lets me pull it up to the top, and sometimes it doesn't - it just switches back and forth horizontally, make either Lead or Month the first dimension.

Is there anyway to specify this in the Properties? I've looked and can't seem to find anything (and yes, I have "Allow Pivoting" checked).

On a related topic, just resizing boxes is a pain. I find I have about one pixel leeway between being in the chart, being on the "resize" point, and being out of it all together. Maybe for you young people this isn't an issue, but for geezers like me, it's annoying as hell. Why can't QV build in decent handles to drag/resize, etc, like every other program in the world?

0 Replies