Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Pop up text bar chart

Hi is it possible to edit the text which appears as a pop up on a bar graph. I want to append a "$" sign before the text.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arjun

can you please provide more details with above issue that you are facing in your environment but alternatively you can refer blow solution

Example

Dimension name = value

Expression label = value

Now, we may not like this pop up and wish to display the values differently or add different formats. We may even want to include additional information.

In the preceding example, the pop up shows the value of Sales $ for Germany. If I want to see the value of the Costs $, I need to hover over the Costs $ bar. And what if I wanted to see Margin $ or Margin %?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Right click on the chart object and go to

Chart Properties> Number > Number Format Setting >

In the Format Pattern Text box (refer screen shot yellow marked box), add $ before number format pattern. Now the $ should show up

in the text popup.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sana

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Arjun,

The formatting of number values in the chart are dependant upon the number format set against the value in Properties > Number > Your expression, select Money and ensure the Format Pattern contains $ signs.

Andy