Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit Report .....hidden object are not shown in Reports

Hi Frds,

Using Edit reports, I just created a report and it has two object 1 combo chart and 1 staright table....

of these the Combo chart is conditionally hidden using a variable ......

when i try to print this report i don't see combo chart......

and if combo chart is shown in dashboard (by clicking  button ) and hit print ..i can  see both the objects getting printed....

we are using Window 7 and AJAX as end client plugin and in the dashborad i'm hidding all the tabs

so not sure why chart is not printing??

is it something to do with windows 7 or is there a limitation for report that all the object should always be shown to get printed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Hidden objects, and even objects in a container that are not currently visible, will not appear in a report.

What I do is create a hidden sheet and have all my report objects visible on this sheet (minimized is allowed) and use these objects for the report.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen Redmond is author of QlikView for Developer's Cookbook
He is CTO of
CapricornVentis a QlikView Elite Partner. We are always looking for the right people to join our team.
Follow me on Twitter:
@stephencredmond

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Hidden objects, and even objects in a container that are not currently visible, will not appear in a report.

What I do is create a hidden sheet and have all my report objects visible on this sheet (minimized is allowed) and use these objects for the report.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen Redmond is author of QlikView for Developer's Cookbook
He is CTO of
CapricornVentis a QlikView Elite Partner. We are always looking for the right people to join our team.
Follow me on Twitter:
@stephencredmond

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stephen...........i'm using the same workaround

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

we use the same when we moved objects into containers. All Report objects is on a hidden sheet minimized.

The customer now exprience that the report takes much longer to open than before, could this change done this?