Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Username in Qlikview11

Hi All,

I am using Qlikview 11 and I want to change the login username.

How can I do this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Ayush

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please describe the login process where you want to change the username. Do you want to use another username when visiting AP? Do you want to edit security in a QlikView document? Do you want to use a CAL from another user?

Note that not only document security is usually based on login IDs but QlikView internal security as well. Therefore, not every change will be possible.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am using the Qlikview Access Point to log in to my account and to access the reports from there. I just wanted to change the username with which I am now logging in .

I went to the "Favouites and Profile" option in the right hand top side and found the option to change the password as well as changing the name with which I am referred. But I couldn't find any option to change the username.

Thanks.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you use your Desktop as an AccessPoint client (see File->Open in server), you get an option to change to an "Alternate Identity". That is best for developers that occasionally want to use other accounts to test access to an AP document.

I know of only one technique to visit an AP using a regular browser and change the accountID at will. Configure QMC to present every user with a login screen (or disable IWA if your QVS uses IIS as a web server). Not sure if that is feasible for you.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter, I will try this and get back if I get any concerns. My client is hosted on a remote server and it takes time to get the connection through to it.

Ayush