Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit coloums or add comments in the chart

Please find the attached QVW, where I am using Input Fields to edit in the chart. I am able to edit if I am using table Box object.But If I use pivot or straight table I am unable to edit comments(text values) where numbers format is possible through InputSum function. Is there any function to edit Text values?? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's because with numbers it's possible to specify a distribution mode so the inputsum can be distributed to the non-aggregated records. But text cannot be distributed. So there's no way to input text in any chart that aggregates data. The table box doesn't aggregate so you can edit text in the input fields in the table box.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, that's because with numbers it's possible to specify a distribution mode so the inputsum can be distributed to the non-aggregated records. But text cannot be distributed. So there's no way to input text in any chart that aggregates data. The table box doesn't aggregate so you can edit text in the input fields in the table box.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand