Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit script button not working (not because of unchecked edit module)

Hi guys,

I'm refreshing the discussion over the edit script button as none of the suggested solutions worked in my case.

Regardless of document I work with, whenever I click the edit script button QlikView freezes and need restart to reactivate it. I also cannot edit the script. Edit module option in document preferences and all the security option in user preferences are checked. I've tried to reinstall QlikView with downgrade, upgrade - not working. The problem appeared out of the blue - it used to be ok before.

Any idea what to do with it?

Regards,

Przemek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you click Edit Script, and QV freezes, the most likely case is that the script window opens up outside of the visible area.

To fix, click Edit script, and press Alt+space on thee keyboard.  Choose "move" from the menu, and use arrow keys to move, probably up and/or left, but try other directions too if it doesn't help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Previous discussion thread: Edit Script Not Working?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I would try by installing Qlik in the new fresh Vm.

There are lots of things to consider like os you use QlikViesion?

Can you provide me QlikView Version and Os you use?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

QV: 11.2

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Give me complete build number of Qlik.

and can you tell me which family of installer you use ( X86, X64, windows 8 or up)

you have to use Windows 8 and up installer.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Installer: Windows 8 and up.

QV: 11.20.124510.0 SR7 (now, I've tried several other versions)

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Ok,

In this case Uninstall Qlikview desktop and server if any.

then try again installing by deleting

c:\ProgramData QlikTech Folder

and

c:\Programfiles QlikView Folder

let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you click Edit Script, and QV freezes, the most likely case is that the script window opens up outside of the visible area.

To fix, click Edit script, and press Alt+space on thee keyboard.  Choose "move" from the menu, and use arrow keys to move, probably up and/or left, but try other directions too if it doesn't help.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Michael. That was a perfect example of thinking out of the box 🙂 BTW, Windows key + right arrow do the job.