Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email alert from Gmail account

Very new to QlikView. Can anyone help me figure out the right settings for sending an email alert from my Gmail account at time of reload?

Not sure how to fill this out:

Capture.PNG

And does anyone have a resource to help me understand how to format the actual email with text and images of the charts in the app?

All help appreciated,

Ben

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Ben,

I have created a document on this. Please check here CREATING AUTOMATED ALERTS AND EMAILS SENDING BASED ON DATA LOADED IN QLIKVIEW.docx

Anil_Babu_Samineni

And Remind you, Make sure to create Mail address by help of Outlook or gmail. I've done this 3 years back that time i don't know where i need to start. Meantime, If you are not aware of address please contact to the IT Team they will help you for sure

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your help. However I'm receiving this error when I click Test in User Preferences - Mail. I'm just trying to send the alert to my personal gmail account. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This error will come up to the pop-up due to you are not providing correct details. Can you check the same with your sync Outlook ?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful