Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embedding QlikView in a web page for searching capability

Hi,

I'm not really sure if this the right sub-group to post this question, apologies if I'm wrong

So, I've tried QlikView Desktop for a few days now and before digging deeper I want to make sure that I'm heading in the right direction.

Currently we have our own web-based CRM that have an "Advanced Search" capability. In which the user specify the parameter of their searching like "First Name = Joe" AND "Last Name = "Doe" and got the results.

The feature works fine but for further enhancement we want the searching process to be more user friendly and we are interested in the way QlikView associate and show related data visually, so in order to achieve that, There are several requirements that I want to make sure if that is possible to do, and if it is how to do it..

1. Is it possible for QlikView to contains a data source from a Web API that we have?

2. We need to embed the QlikView in our web page, is it possible to do? As far as I know, We can have an instance of a QlikView server and access it from the QlikView ajax web client, is my understanding correct?

3. Sometimes different user can have different privileges on searching functionality, can we custom what the user see or can do based on their login? How to do it? Any reference?

4. The current functionality of our "Advanced Search" have operators like "AND", "OR", "GROUP", "NOT" is it possible to emulate those behaviors by modifiying or adding the macros on the QlikView sheet objects?

5.. If for instance the QlikView is embedded, the client make some searching customers, and the results come out in "Table Box". I want to put an event in the "Table Box" that if a row is click, it opens the related customer account is opened in the browser.

1 Reply
vikasmahajan

Dear Sir

Have you solution for this ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.