Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkosinde13
Creator
Creator

Embedding a pdf document on Qlikview dashboard

Good day

I have a pdf document that I have embedded on a Qlikview document. I created a text box and added an action for Open URL and it's working perfectly on the desktop version. The minute I publish it doesn't open, it just hangs. Is there anything that I still need  to do other than adding Open URL action on textbox and creating an inline script with the path. Your assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks, Matlotlo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nkosinde13
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All, thanks for all the help and solutions. The problem was a space in the name of the document on the path, I did put in full server path, only to find out there was a space between the path and the document name.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner
Partner

I can think of three things to check immediately.  

1.  when you publish the app, does the location change at all?  Is the Prod server name different from where you developed the trigger?

2.  is it possible that there is a Prod file permissions issue?

3.  Try putting the file on the same server as the Qlik Prod Server.  Perhaps the file is on a different server and it is taking a very long time to open the document over the netowrk connection.

I would start there and see what comes.  I would also test the published app using the IE Plug-in, vs the AJAX client.  See if it works in one vs another.  Also maybe try different browsers.

Let us know what you find.

 

Nate

Brett_Bleess
Support (Former)
Support (Former)

Matlotlo, in addition to the other post, my best hunch would be you may have been using a mapped drive, and the server is not going to have any knowledge of that drive, you need to be sure you use a UNC path in that case \\servername\sharename\...  Hopefully that is what it is, and if you cannot create the share, perhaps you can move the pdf file to the QVServer machine as the other poster mentioned, just be sure you update the link in the app to point to the correct location on the server before you publish in that case.  The users may need NTFS right to the PDF as well, not sure on that.  If the posts helped you figure things out, consider using the Accept as Solution button on the ones that did to let folks know what worked.  If you did something different, consider posting that and then mark it as the solution after you complete the post.  If you are still trying to get things figured out, leave us an update on where things stand.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
nkosinde13
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All, thanks for all the help and solutions. The problem was a space in the name of the document on the path, I did put in full server path, only to find out there was a space between the path and the document name.

View solution in original post