Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Employee-Supervisor Hierarchy

Hi Team,

I have below mentioned table of employee and supervisor.

EmpNameSupervisor
GN
AG
RNG
NK
BR
RN
PN
BN
CAJ
KAJ

I need the output like below that shows the hierarchy of any selected employee till top.

AJ

K
N
G
A

Any Suggestion Please!!!

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun , Let me know if attached document is matching your requirement or not. Cheers !!! Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

Its not what i asked buddy...

Eg. In an organisation, we have a structrue defined among employees such that starting from an individual, we can find out his manager, then his manager's manager and so on. I want in that way.

vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Arun,

Use the new 'Hierarchy 'and 'HierarchyBelong to' keywords introduced. Go through the reference manual for the discussion on Hierarchy (Version 8.5 and above support it). Using these you can solve the problem very easily.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vidyut..thanks for the reply...i tried for them..actually when i am trying those i am getting everybody as a manager, even for the person who dont have any reportee...moreover everybody is coming under him also...may be some wrong mapping of fields in to parameter list of these keywords... I have only one file as i mentioned in this chat..pls suggest me what will be the correct script...Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun ,

There is a post in Community , it may help you.

Its a prototype

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/21146/82020.aspx

I am also trying as it is one of my requirement too.

Will be great if we can share the success .

Regards,

Bhushan N